Large throughputs and high evaporative loads.
Rotary dryers have the feed materials pass through a rotating cylinder together with a stream of hot gas. Internal lifters or flights elevate the feed and drop it in a cascading fashion across the cross-section of the cylinder. Flights need to be carefully designed to prevent asymmetry of the cascading. Material moves from one end of the dryer to the other by the motion of the material falling and due to the angle of inclination of the cylinder.
- Rotary Dryers are designed for numerous processing applications and are generally considered the workhorse for mineral concentrate drying.
- Rotary Dryers are highly robust with a low maintenance demand and the ability to process a broad range of materials.
- Capacity ranging from 100 kg/hr to in excess of 500 tph. Moisture contents in excess of 30%. But depends on the material properties.
- Materials of construction can range from painted mild steel, through to various grades of stainless steel to special alloys depending on the processing environments and conditions.
- Heat sources range from steam, thermic oil, electric, gas, liquid fuel burner systems and coal-fired fluid bed combustors.
- All equipment is tailor designed to suit the processing requirements.
- The drive systems can range from girth gear and pinion to chain and sprocket depending on the power demand of the process.
- Materials processed: silica sand, chrome sands, coal, phosphate, potash, bauxite, vermiculite, andalusite, graphite to name a few.