High volume, availability and thermal efficiency covering small to extremely large throughputs.
Flash drying uses a heated gas to pneumatically convey the feed up a flash tube and into a primary air separation device; most commonly a cyclone. Air is induced or forced into the feed area through a hot gas generator where it entrains the feed and flashes off the moisture as it conveys. The product is fed into the throat of the feed area in a controlled fashion. The particles attain a velocity in the order of 80% of the conveying velocity. Secondary dust collection such as multi clones, baghouses, scrubbers and electrostatic precipitators are required for fine products.
- Flash Dryers are designed for numerous processing applications but are highly suitable for temperature sensitive material as well as fine materials.
- Flash dryers are highly flexible in terms of layout and configuration and can be designed to suit the available space in an existing plant. Suitable for filter cake drying.
- Materials of construction can range from painted mild steel, through to various grades of stainless steel to special alloys depending on the processing environments and conditions.
- Heat sources range from steam, thermic oil, electric, gas, liquid fuel burner systems and coal-fired fluid bed combustors.
- Flash dryers have very high thermal efficiencies with very short residences times.
- Drytech has flash dryers in operation drying material with feed moistures in excess of 60% moisture.
- All equipment is tailor designed to suit the processing requirements.
- A unique aspect of a Drytech flash dryer is our unique feed management system which guarantees a steady homogenous flow of the feed material to the dryer resulting in a smooth and reliable operation.
- Materials processed: copper and nickel concentrates, platinum concentrate, chrome sands, tin concentrate, cobalt hydroxide, kaolin, calcium hypochlorite, lime, gold tailings, ammonium metavanadate, REE concentrates, graphite to name a few.