Fluid Bed Dryers
Fluid Bed Dryers
Fluid bed dryers range from static fluid bed dryers to vibrated fluid bed systems. Capacity ranges from 100 kg/hr to in excess of 100 tph.
Fluid bed drying uses a heated gas to lift and maintain the feed in a fluidized state. Air is introduced into a wind box or plenum via a forced draft fan and is distributed through a distributor plate of solid material via a perforated plate, nozzles, ceramic grid or other distribution mediums. The bed attains fluid-like properties flowing and mixing. The fluidization provides intimate contact between each material particle and the gas stream creating an extremely efficient transfer device. Products that have large particle size variations or high bulk densities can benefit a vibrating bed.
- Fluid Bed Dryers are designed for numerous processing applications but are ideally suited to materials with limited particle size distribution. Static fluid bed dryers operate best at PSDs lower than <2 mm but higher than 40micron.
- Fluid Bed Dryers have limited moving parts (static) and are highly robust with a low maintenance demand.
- Materials of construction can range from painted mild steel, through to various grades of stainless steel to special alloys depending on the processing environments and conditions.
- Heat sources range from steam, thermic oil, electric, gas and liquid fuel burner systems.
- All equipment is tailor designed to suit the processing requirements.
- A unique aspect of a Drytech fluid bed dryer is our unique plenum plate design for high-temperature applications.
- Materials processed: silica sand, chrome sands, heavy mineral sands, calcium propionate to name a few